If your Superbowl party has left your carpet and wood floors a mess, you may need to call ServiceMaster DAK for help.
But you may just be dealing with a small stain, such as soda that was spilled in the midst of all the excitement. In that case, follow this technique from Stainmaster® to remove the spot from your carpets.*
- Blot as much of the spot as possible.
- Prepare either a detergent cleaning solution of ¼ teaspoon liquid dish soap with 1 cup warm water or a vinegar cleaning solution of 2 tablespoons white vinegar with 4 cups warm water.
- Pretest the solution on a spot of the carpet.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the affected area by putting it on a cloth and using the cloth to apply to the carpet. Work from the outside of the spot toward the center.
- Let the solution soak into the carpet for at least five minutes.
- Blot the spot with a clean white cloth until no more soda transfers to the cloth. Do not rub the spot or you might damage the carpet fibers.
- Rinse with cold water. Be sure all cleaning solution is removed from the carpet.
- If you can still see the spot, repeat the process until the soda is removed or it no longer transfers to the cloth.
If you’re unable to remove the spot on your own or have other stains, call us for help at ServiceMaster DAK 847-459-3900 and we’ll do our best to clean your carpet or deep clean the entire house!