For the last couple of months, the COVID-19 pandemic has had a major impact on life in the U.S. Many businesses have been temporarily closed as shutdown and stay at home orders have been issued across the country. States are now starting to loosen their restrictions, and businesses are beginning to reopen, sending more Americans back to work. At the time of this writing, the state of Illinois is set to enter the next phase of coronavirus reopening (Phase 3) on May 29. During this phase, non-essential businesses are allowed to reopen with Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) approved safety guidance.
While many businesses are eager to reopen, and people are happy to return to work, it is important to take the right safety precautions to protect employees and customers. Cases of COVID-19 may be declining, but the disease is still a large threat. Employers must make sure that they are opening in accordance with the safety guidelines of the IDPH and encourage their employees to follow certain safety measures, such as social distancing and wearing masks. It is also highly encouraged for businesses to have their offices and buildings professionally cleaned and disinfected before their employees return to work.
When having your office or building disinfected, it is important to hire a reputable commercial and disinfection cleaning company that can do the job effectively. Commercial disinfection is simply not effective without the proper methods, equipment, and disinfectants. At ServiceMaster DAK, we provide preventative cleaning and disinfection services to help protect businesses in the north and northwest Chicago suburbs. Our technicians use state-of-the-art technology and EPA-registered disinfectants to eliminate dangerous pathogens from all types of commercial spaces. We are available to help businesses as they reopen during Phase 3.
What to Expect from Phase 3 in Illinois
Phase 3 is the next phase of the reopening plan for Illinois that is set to begin on Friday, May 29, 2020. During this phase, certain restrictions will be lifted and businesses will be allowed to reopen. Here is what you can expect in Phase 3:
- All health care providers can reopen following DPH approved safety guidelines.
- Some childcare and summer programs can reopen with IDPH approved safety guidance.
- Non-essential businesses can reopen while following social distancing and IDPH approved safety guidelines. Employers are expected to accommodate employees who are vulnerable to COVID-19.
- Bars and restaurants can open outdoor seating while following social distancing protocols by keeping tables 6 feet apart. Staff must also practice social distancing and wear masks.
- Hair salons and barbershops can open with IDPH approved safety guidelines.
- Health and fitness clubs can provide outdoor classes and one-on-one personal training following IDPH approved safety guidelines.
- Retail stores can reopen with capacity limits and following IDPH approved guidelines.
At ServiceMaster DAK, we can provide our disinfection services for reopening businesses including health care facilities, schools, hair salons, gyms and fitness centers, and retail stores.
Why Commercial Disinfection and Cleaning is Important
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) each recommend commercial disinfection and cleaning services as an effective way to protect commercial buildings from the coronavirus and other illnesses. Employers who have their offices and buildings professionally disinfected will be providing their employees with a safer working environment.
The following are the main reasons employers should have their property cleaned and disinfected:
- Through cleaning: Our professionals start these services by first thoroughly cleaning your building. The cleaning process will remove dust, dirt, and allergens, but it will not kill dangerous pathogens. That is why disinfection must follow the cleaning.
- Effective disinfection: Disinfection must be done using the proper methods and disinfectant products. We use EPA-registered disinfectants that are proven effective against SARS-CoV-2, as well as other dangerous pathogens. We will apply the disinfectants according to their labels and allow them enough dwell time to effectively kill germs.
- Prevention of cross-contamination: Our professionals will take every precaution necessary to prevent cross contamination, including wiping surfaces in one direction and ensuring that used cleaning materials are disposed of safely.
- Strict protocols: Our disinfection services follow strict protocols and are done within the guidelines of the CDC and WHO.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE): Our professionals use personal protective equipment (PPE) to stay protected from the virus and know how to dispose of used PPE properly.
In addition to having your office or building cleaned and disinfected, you can also do the following within your workplace to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus and other illnesses:
- Promote social distancing by staying 6 feet apart, avoiding physical contact, and assembling in small groups.
- Encourage employees to wear facemasks to prevent spreading respiratory droplets.
- Advise your employees to wash their hands frequently and have alcohol-based hand sanitizer available that is at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Stagger shifts to prevent too many employees from being present at the same time. You can also have employees work from home if possible, on certain days.
- Install acrylic sneeze guards at reception desks, cash registers, and other areas to protect employees from airborne droplets.
Why Choose ServiceMaster DAK for Disinfection Services
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, there are plenty of companies offering commercial cleaning and disinfection services for offices and buildings. However, that does not mean that their services are effective. Disinfection services need to follow strict protocols and involve EPA-registered disinfectants. Other companies may not be using proper methods, PPE, or disinfectants and their services may not include cleaning.
At ServiceMaster DAK, we provide effective disinfection and cleaning services with the proper protocols, methods, equipment, and EPA-registered disinfectants. Here is what you can expect from our disinfection and commercial cleaning services:
- State-of-the-art technology: We use the best equipment, cleaning products, and disinfectants available to provide a baseline cleaning and thorough decontamination while following strict protocols.
- EPA-registered, hospital grade products: We use hospital grade, EPA-registered disinfectants that are effective against the coronavirus and 99.9% of other pathogens.
- Professional team: Our technicians are trained and equipped to provide safe and effective disinfection services and take protective measures.
The reopening of Illinois is exciting because it shows that we are getting closer to the end of the pandemic, but the threat is nowhere near gone. Before you reopen your business, contact our professionals at ServiceMaster DAK for disinfection and cleaning services in Cook and Lake County, IL. We will ensure that your building is protected from the coronavirus, and safe for the return of your employees.